This week you have been reading The Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Allan Poe, which deals mainly with revenge. As you could tell by reading, the story uses suspense and tone to create eerie, dismal tone of revenge. Most of us how experienced some type of revenge in our lives – whether it deals with getting revenge, someone getting revenge, or some revenge being done to you.
Your Task Today:
Today, you are going to tell us a story of revenge. You may discuss a time when you got revenge on someone, someone got revenge on you, a “revenge” that happened to your friend, or simply, make one up. At the end, be sure to discuss a “lesson learned” or how you felt about the entire experience.
While writing your story, keep a few things in mind:
- The Elements of Plot
- Strong Vocabulary Words
- Effective Sentences
- Pretend you are talking to your friends!
Rubric for Story of Revenge:
Proficient – story is 2+ paragraphs long, story uses strong vocabulary words and effective sentences, story deals mainly with revenge (in some way or another), and story has elements of plot
Non-Proficient – story is less than 2 paragraphs, there are no strong vocabulary words or effective sentences, story does not deal with revenge, no elements of plot
15 comments:
i remember the time when i had been watching tv and my uncle decided to play around and he took the remote and took it down stairs with him and didnt give it back fro a week, so i decided to get revenge on him. so when he was sleeping i thought to myself ill do the old shaving cream prank. so i went down stairs and really quietly i had put the shaving cream in his had when i was done , he had woke up and tried to hit my , and bam the jokes on me because he got all the shaving cream on my face, so it just shows to go that gettig revenge can come back around and not go your way
One time I told my one friend that my other one would text him later. So many hours later my friend never texted him so he texted me asking whats up and why she didn't text him. I didn't know what to say so I texted her asking why she didn't text him and she said she didn't want too anymore. I didn't want him to be mad at me for something that's not my fault so I just kept saying please text him because I don't want him to get mad at me because you said you were going to do something you never did. She got mad at me so i got mad at her. She finally said that we aren't friends anymore. I was upset but still mad at her at the same time. The other kid was really upset because she never texted him like she said she would. I felt bad for the one kid because he was all happy at first.
Finally at the end she texted me basically saying she wants to be friends again. Up to this day we are best friends and nothing can ruin that because we don't want to fight again and we won't no matter what. The other kid is fine and moved on with his life and everything is fine now. The other kid is not mad at me either which makes everything even better.
Their was 2 boys that lived in newark. There names were tashawn and rodney. They both didnt like each other because rodney was messing with tashawns girlfriend. so when tashawn saw him they started to agrue and then things got serious between the two. So days went by and rodney still kept messing with his girl, so this time things weren't going to be the same.
So when tashawn saw rodney walking down the street from the barbershop he stopped him and said " You still mess with my girl." So then rodney swung and they started fighting. So tashawn went back to his house and got a gun. So he saw rodney and shoot him five times and said this is my "Revenge for messing with my girl."
Well this is gonna happen very soon maybe even today. I was talking to my friend Stacy one day and she told me how her friends mom called her a lesbian. She didn't like it at all because, when ever she's around her friends mom she acts all nice. Then starts talking crap about her behind her back to her friend. Stacy didn't even know that her friends mom didn't like her. her friend had told her not that long ago. S Stacy told me a couple days ago. I got mad because, we are really close friends so i asked her if she wants me to take care of it. She said yes and it got me really mad as well just thinking about it. So i told her that maybe today on facebook that im gonna curse out her friends mom out hardcore and im gonna have fun doing it as well. It's not right how she's talking crap behind her back and not when she's face to face so im basically getting revenge for someone else.
One day this girl was on her way to her boyfriends graduation party. She knew that going to his house meant that they possibly could end up doing something. She was at the party having a good time dancing and talkin to friends. Then her boyfriend came over to where she was dancing, grabbed her hand, whispered something in her ear, and led her to a room. After they came out the room you could just imagine what people was thinking.
It had been a couple weeks now, and the girl found out that her now ex had told people that they hooked up. She was furious and soo mad that he would do something like this to her. So to get him back she ended up spreading this rumor about him. She didnt care if people believed it or not. She wanted him to get what was coming to him.
One day there was a girl name Jay. She was stalking me for a while on face book. We both go to school together; Jay is in my English class because she got transfer here. I really don’t like her because she been looking at my pictures a lot and staring at me the whole period. On Monday after noon I decided to ask her why she keeps staring at me and what does she wants with me. Jay slowly opens her mouth to speak but she didn’t say anything she just runs away like chicken. After school she follows me into my bus and I saw her! Ughh!! She won’t stop stalking me! (I said this on my mind). I got out the bus she got off too and follow me to my house. I walk in to my house, she was in the bushes hiding thinking I don’t see her! Well guess what I did! So after a while she been stalking me it’s been a month already so I decided to confront her and ask her why she following me But! She runs away again! And these times like horse. So I decided to get ravage muwahaahahahahah!!!!! I cut off the bushes, cut everything out where she can hide muahaahahahahah!!! And when I notice everything was gone! On Monday she follows me to my house again! I got in my house and look out the window and she was shock that I cut everything off! So she runs away crying because she couldn’t hide anymore mueaahaahahah! So seen than I have never seen her again!
Times for revenge are the sweetest times to have. When you get revenge on someone, you feel complete. And you can’t wait to do it again. But sometimes when you take your revenge a little bit to far. Things start to go wrong. Things like the person you were taken your revege on does something bad like harm themselves. I mean I don’t mind, its not my body or my life. So its up to them if they want to hurt themselves.
I would take revenge on someone who has done something really wrong to me. And someone who have talked about me ect… I would take everything I know about them and use it against them. Taken revenge on someone basically means doing something to someone to make them suffer. And that’s why people still do it. But you should know when you take it a little bit to far.
It was mid June as my two friends and I were walking around my block and state police ran down on us. They came out with guns drawn out but didn't identify they were officers so we ran, we went into a prasute until they drove up and slammed me, he beat me. I went into a wrestle with him, I was handcuffed and put into an unmarked vehicle. I was searched, he drove me up the street and dropped me off.
I wanted to hurt him bad enough to put him the hospital. I was inragged, I let it go and didnt report it. Ever since that day I dont show officers any respect and could care less about them.
The other day, I was walking down the street. I was about to turn the corner to go into the drug store. As I approached the turn, I felt a shove and was forced onto my knees.
“Uughh!!!” yelled a voice beside me. I looked up to see a girl collecting herself off of the ground. As we made eye contact she rolled her eyes.
Choosing to be the better person I ignored this disrespectful gesture nd said: “Oh, I’m sorry. That was probably my fault.”
“Just shut up and get out of my way.” She commanded. Oh hell no, I thought to myself. As she began to walk away I had a epiphany. I could not let this go unpunished, and I would not do so. I swung around and snatched her ponytail with a claw-like hand. I yanked as hard as I could and pulled her down to the ground. I climbed on top of her and started clobbering her already ghastly face. She stared at me with wide eyes and let out a blood-curdling scream.
Whe I finally thought she’d had enouph she yelled “You Psycho!!!”. Had she not already learned her lesson??? I got up and jumped on her. The sound of her snapping leg brought a smile to my lips. She once again screamed in panic, but otherwise said nothing. I think my message came across loud and clear.
“Muahahaha!!! I hope you learned some manners from this. Next time you’ll show some respect.” I said over my shoulder as I continued my trip into the store. Oh, the sweet revenge:)
Back when I was in middle school I was pray to a pratical joke. I was supose to sit down and then hopefully I would't notic that someone had put something ravolting on my seat. It was a mixture of old chocolate milk, some prechewed gum, and a bit of what we were told was lunch for that day. Instead of just sitting down i could tell something was wrong from the look on everyones face's at the table. My keen instink told me to look at my chair and their it was the worst smelling glop I had ever smelled.
A week had passed and when i came in to school i was blamed for the mess. I was told I had to come in to school the following saturday to clean all the chairs and tables in the lunchroom. Lickily their wasn't to many of eather, chairs and tables. The rest of that weekend i spent thinking of a way to get pay back on the other student. I thought of well over then plenty
I remember there was a time when there was a girl that didnt like me at all. This girl was in basically all my classes. She was always gaving me dirty looks. I knew she didnt like me because she spread roomers about me being a hoer, and saying that I smoke alot of bad things, stealing peoples boyfriends. When I found out about this roomer that she was spreading I wanted to get revenge on her. So I told alot of people that she is fake, a stealer, and she stinks. I felt bad but she should have never said those things about me. Im not a mean girl, so I went up to her face and told her that I spread roomers about her, she said wow really im mad but its all my fault im sorry . Im not mean so I told her I forgive her becase I know you didnt mean those things she said. So now me and that girl are cool with eachother.
I remember last year when thwo of my friends james& chris got into alil aguement.The whole thing started because james always used to stay at chris house every weekend.They used to have the best of times together.They did almost everything together. They played games,went to the movies, the mall and a bunch of other things.But one day they were playing a game of 2k11.It was a regular day with them,chris always used to win since it was his game.But this day james felt like he could beat james.So they beted $10 on the next game they played. Chris didn’t wan to bet his money that he had saved to go to the movies, but he was sure that he would win so they played. Suprisingly James WON.
James & Chris couldn’t believe it, James finally won a game. And he also took chris money.Chris was so upset and disapointed.James started to brag about winning .Which made Chris soo angry. To get revenage at James, Chris waited until James was sleep and he went in his pockets and took his money back. James woke up and saw that it was gone, he blamed Chris of stealing of course. Chris tried to say that James Cheated so he wanted his money back.James got up and punched Chris in his face. Which led to a big fight between them. Every since that day they were never friends again. If Chris would have never beted his money or have not tried to get revenage on James, they still would be friends.
So this morning I was in the gym, doing what i normally do on gym days which would be playing volly ball. My class splits up into teams and we spread out to play against the other teams with the same gym period. By the way my class sucks, aside from the two or three people that acctually play volly ball, but that still doesn’t give the other class the right to turn into arrogant a****** and taunt us because they’re winning. When the game first started my team was winning but unfortunately they decided to show off and our luck turned on us, and we began too lose. The other team started cheering after every point they scored and they began spiking the ball the the point where people started getting hit, they were even spiking on a serve, and we all know that the rules state that its illegal to do so in the game. Eventually I got p***** and droped out of the game and sat on the bleachers.
I woke up on the bleachers a full period later and I felt my chest getting tight, I felt like I was losing air. I tried taking it slow and just trying to catch my breath but that idea wasn’t really working. If I would have went to the nurse she would have said “im sorry there’s nothing I can do for you” and I know I would have probably cursed her out. I tried to play in the second game but my chest was killing me so I decided to sit back down and just relax. Five minutes later some guys walks up to me and asks me why I was sitting down he ?
I remember that time I got revenge on one of my old friends who I never longer talk to. I was over his house and we were fighting over who knocked over his computer and broke the monitor. We were going back and forth for like a few minutes, and I turned my head for a second. When I turned back I felt was his fist cramming itself into my cheek bone. I tried to fight back but to no prevail. I was left with a bloody nose, a busted lip, and a gash in my head.
A few years later he invited me over. I went over thinking how I’m going to get him back. So I was making myself some food in the kitchen. He walks down and he decides to get cocky with me saying
"You remember the time you came over and we were fighting over who broke my monitor?"
"Yeah I remember. Let’s not talk about it"
He continued to talk about it
"Yea boy u got the $#!% kicked out of you."
"Yo man knock it off I don’t feel like talking about it"
"Aw does little baby Chris feel like a b**** for getting is a** kicked" rising his voice
I don’t know what posses me but I could remember was me turning around and punching him directly on his nose. I continued to punch his as he fell and I could hear was the high pitch scream echoing around the house. When I was done I couldn’t lift my arm. i grabbed him by his shirt pulling his bloody head off the floor and said
"This is for all the $#! % you put me through."
I slammed his head on the ground, swung the door open and walked out of the house. haven’t looked back since
On a nice summer day, a girl and her friends, the other 3 people that live in the house, put pranks on each other. Nicole and Deena put a prank on Vinny and put a mixure of things under his bed. He found it because it was stinking really bad and him and Mike got dog poop out the trash but it in a plastic bag and put it in Deena bed under her pillow. Vinny took Nicole’s favorite stuffed animal that she loves and sleeps with and hung it on the balcony. So they kept goin back and forth putting pranks on each other all night.
And now Mike took it to far, Nicole and Deena wanted to go out to a club but Mike was on the phone at the time they wanted to call a cab. Mike said he was going to call the cab for them but he put the biggest prank on them and called the cab to take them to time square. He didn’t tell them but he told the cab driver it was a surprise and they think there going to a club. So Mike told Nicole and Deena he was paying for the cab for them to go to the club. They wanted to go out to have fun. So as they were driving the noticed they were going way to far and they were pasting stops. They were in the car for more then an hour. They were complaining and new that Mike set them up and put a prank on them but they were so mad. The driver kept driving and they stoppe at a store to get drinks. They got back in the car and went home but they pretended like they had fun but Nicole was so mad and didn’t want to talk to him. So she told him. And It came back to him because he was suppose to go out wit Vinny, Ron, and Pauly but they left him because he was taking to long to get ready so he stayed home eating dinner by his self. That was revenge.
Post a Comment