Monday, January 31, 2011

Telling Your Tale

Often times in our lives, certain events, people, or moments have defined who we are as individuals. Your task today is to write a narrative story about a moment in your life that helped make you who you are.

Your story is going to be written in NARRATIVE form, so it should be told like a story NOT a letter.

Requirements for your story:
  1. 3 – 5 paragraphs long
  2. Story includes a beginning, middle, and end
  3. Use 3 – 5 words from Context Clues
  4. Use Subject-Verb Agreement
  5. Tell the story about something, sometime, or someone that influenced you!

Rubric for Story:
Proficient – 4+ paragraphs, identify the major points of your life (events, people, etc), is written in narrative form, written in clear, logical sentences, student utilizes at least 3 new words
Non-Proficient – less than 4 paragraphs, not written in narrative form, writing is not clear or logical

16 comments:

montee said...

There was a baby girl born on january 4, 1995. Her mother thought she'd name her Ashley. she was intoduced to a family of already four girls. her entire family has a history of cheerleading, so indeed, she was obligated to join.
My cheerleading career started when i was 4 years old, on a little "pee-wee" team. she was running all around the competition floor doing sommersalts, and dancing. although i did competetion cheerleading i was still ont he sidelines cheering on my favorite football team. as i got older my sister made me do exactly what she did. i got onto an amazing all star cheerleading team, south jersey storm all stars. i cheered for about a year, but i soon quit becuase i got tired of it, three eyars later, i rejoined.
i then was about 10 years old, and i kept cheering and i got better and better. although me quitiing the team made me loose my tumbling skills, i then regained alot of them. ever since then ive been cheering non stop. i absolutely love cheerleading and it is my absolute life, i'm almost positive that if i did not cheer i would indeed me morbitly obeast.

AandK forever said...

Hi I am Amber. Ihave the Iq of a peanut. I have amazing friends but sometimes I wish they would jump in a hole. I have an amazing sence of humor (as you can tell). I have a boyfriend he is pretty amazing until he irks my soul. I can be nice but then I break out into a gorilla.

Anway My friends they are cool but some of them backstabb some of them act like total poop heads. My friends act like total comple wierdos but I fit in with them. Sometimes they make me wanna trip them so they fall flat on the floor. I think that would be funny. I love Allie she is funny but sometimes i find her hair wierd when she dies it blue.

I am nice but I can be a real big llama Thats not nice by the way. I love making people laugh I bet this story of my life is making you wet you wet your pants like a baby. I love me (just saying)

My boyfriend...he irks my soul but I do love him with all my heart . We argue like were married but its over dunny stuff and at the end of the day we are back to normal. I call him my boo boo bear. Yea thats enough about my boyfriend!

My dad he is my hero. He is my funny dad, but he scares people cause he is a big itailian man . Itailian people rock . I am itailian that shows alot! Anyway My life is amazing and I have my days but hey who doesnt?

I hate many things. I dont hate people accept one girl in my class . EW! I like to have fun and I dont get in trouble alot I had like 40 lunch detetions this year and 2 full days of bd but I am still a good girl xD Most of my lunch detentions were for talking(to myelf) in mr stags CLASS THANKS ALOT!

I hope you had a fun time reading this meow!

Edwin said...

I still remember it like it was yesterday, the day i decided that I wanted to play guitar, that is. I was about 11 years old, and sitting in my room watching music videos was all I really did at that age, I was always curious about music and how to play instruments my favorite ones were drums and guitar, so that pretty much ment that my favorite kind of music was rock. The sound of a guitar solo has always made me shiver for some reason, I guess that ment that guitar was really something i can do, i asked my mother to buy me one, and at that time i didnt know much about musical instruments so she decided to buy a wal-mart guitar.

I tried picking up and learning how to play the guitar on my own but with out professional lessons, for me it was virtually impossible so after a couple weeks of practicing and playing i gave up

dirtyd said...

it started out in the bronx,ny his name was delvin almonte he was dominican, he has grown up in the bronx for 9 yrs then moved to jersey. growing up was hard never really liked school until 6th grade now he enjoys it very much,delvin is a quiet guy, keeps to himself, doesnt like many people, only thing he enjoys is swiming and runnin. delvin considers himself average but diffrent in his own. delvin is currently in ccts enjoys english class with mr stagg/ms ferri, hes in culinary arts and enjoys it also .delvin plans to become a marine and do infentry. he doesnt plan on going to college. he plans to have 3kids in the future.he only fears the unknown and growin old. thats delvin for uuuuuuuuu wink wink

Andresha Mercado said...

Long ago, in the state of New Jersey, a precious gift from God was born. This precious little girl whos name was Andresha was born to a beautiful woman by the name of Cheryl. She was the cutest thing you had ever seen. She was light skinned, but looked white at the time, and had a head full of hair. She was mixed with black and rican. To me this is the best mix. She had no siblings because her mom and dad divorced early, but she did have cousins and family members who loved her. As she grew older her mom noticed that she was blessed with some talents. She had talents like singing, and acting. You could say that this little girl was quite the character. At her age people said that she had the voice of an angel. All her life she grew up in the church. Singing with the choir and doing solos at the age of 5. When she was around the age of 7 her mom had her enrolled in takeing singing lessons to strengthen her voice. She did this for a year but then stopped because the man who was teaching her moved to Philly. This bright young girl who is now 16 yrs old, til this day still loves music, and still has the voice of angel.

Shannon H. said...

I can remember the first day i picked up a basketball.I loved the feeling of the ball in my hands. Ever since i was 7 i couldnt wait till i got in a game........

mariana sanchez said...

My story about my life who made me who I am now is bestfriends. Bestftriend is my topic because when u call someone is your best friend you tell them anything cause you trust them with your heart. People come and go no matter what and you will find new people almost everyday. So my topics are about friends, parents, and Mistakes. This is what make me who iam.

Bestfriend are like you everything but than u get hurt or back stabb. I had learn not to trust people anymore because they will always end up hurting you. I used to have bestfriends but over the years past i lost so many friends because of gosspi. My bestfriend hurt me because she used to talk about me and it hurt my feelings and that change me because it hurts me that my bestfriend talk about me behind my back and calling me names and i got tired of it. When someone gets hurt sometimes it takes time to heal.

My parents made me who i am righ now because they show me to respect others, because i well get respect back. My parents raise me to be caring and not to be mean. My parents gave me so many esvices that help me in life, they incourege me to be sussceful in life. My parents what me to be someone in life sand they are doing a great job. If it wasnt for my parents i wouldn't be noone in this life.

My mistakes helps me alot because it makes me better next try. I had so many mistakes and i learn from them and it can help me not to do it again. I will make mistake all my life but i well fix therm later on , but some mistake i can't go back and fix the. I just learn to let go So everytime i make a mistake i learn from it and never do it again

My conclusion is that this make ne who i am no matter what. I well still change over the years but io well became someone in life. We all gatta learn from our mistake and keep going. So this is me mariana the girl who i am right now.

juwan asutin said...

About five years ago i was the worst sports player in my neighborhood. I was always uncoordinated and clumsy. Growing up I was always bad at sports. Until my seventh grade year at morgan village middle school. I use ton practice so hard I made sure i was always the one that was sweating the hardest, that way i knew I knew i was going 100%.
Then as time stared going by in my life it seemed as though i was getting better everytime i picked up a ball. When i seen my uncle break his arm and foot, healed up the next year then he was back off to playing sports thats whats encouraged me to actually go out and attempt to play organized ball. Growing up I always knew I had some sort of talent locked inside of me I just needed to search for it.
Now look at me im a swarthmore sometimes starting all varsity I guess hard work can unlock hidden talents that you didnt know you had. Take me for an example I know my talents are going to take me places if I keep working at them. Rather its beeing good at math or playing sports. Im going somewhere with my life so I hope I always got the advantage of hard work on my side.

jaslyn said...

orlando, florida 1993 a baby girl was born into the world and her name is jaslyn lopez. this is girl is unique in her own way just like everyone else. she has 3 brothers all older than her and shes the only girl. this girl is now 17 at the moment, very talented, and a lot goin for her. shes had a rough childhood growin up but has done whatever she can to get through the tough times. her father got very sick wen she was 8 and she had to leave her precious and funfilled life in orlando. she left her friends her, school, and her 2 brothers. she moved to her dads side of the family in new jersey she got there on her birthday. her father had a heart transplant wen she was only in 3rd grade. her brothers have been jailed before well only 2 cause of their "obsession" with drugs and sellin them but theyre better now. both of her brothers recently had baby girls and have great families now. as i was sayin before she is very talented this girl has a intese passion for music and art. jazz (as she goes by sometimes) plays the piano and currently is still learnin shes great. shes a artist in trainin she can cook and has a lot of potential. from orlando florida to pennsauken new jersey shes traveled. a life so interestin and a young girl wit so much life in her and so much more to go......

Sierra Jennings said...

A lot of things i have been through in my life has made me who i am today but the one that stands out the most is the day i found out about my son! I know when you think of someone my age with a child the first thing that comes to your mind maybe shame on that young girl. "She has got her whole life in fount of her what is she doing with a child". I know i know i heard it all before but the truth is that im not ashamed about it at all.I remerber it like it was yesterday. The day i found out that i was going to have a child my whole world came crashing down on me. I was scared and sad all at the same time. I did not know what to think and most of all what was my mother and father going to think about having a grandchild. i was at a lost an the only thing i could do was get on my knees pray and cry.

When the day had come for me to tell my mother i was even more scared then the day i found out. All i could think was how am i going to tell her? What is she going to say? where am i going to live? Scared out of my mind i walked up to her... opened my mouth and say the word that i knew would break her heart...

She took it better then i thought she would. yeah she cryed and yeah she asked why and how. But after all of that she was happy. The next day she took me to the doctor an we found out that i was having a baby boy. The day he arrived was the happiest day of my life. I knew that i had a long journey in front of me. And day by day i am walking this long journey one day at a time.

steph cruz said...

Hi everyone my lovely name is Stephanie and my birthday is feb.6 1995 im from pennsauken. I love texting,walking,laughing,talking and taking pictures two. I am very nice but i can be mean and im a helpful person and i would always want to complete what i start. I live a life that i wouldn't want to live cause i kind of hate my life well my favorite color is purple. My favorite subject in school is english.
I have 7 brothers and 4 sisters but some of them we have different mothers but i dont call them half brother i love them all equally i love my dad and i wish i ca live with him. Im in love with a guy name luis and i dont ever think i will stop loving him cause he means everything to me. My favorite cousin name is amanda i tell her everything in the world she is my age and i will die if i lose her.

Anonymous said...

YUM ! Sushi, the first time I tasted it, it was AWESOME. My cousin brought some home frmo her trip to the Chery Hill Mall, and I was so nearvous about tasteing it. I didn't know how i was going to react to it and if i would get hives after I took 2 bites. Lucky me, nothing bad happened. But the good news were that it tasted like a piece of heaven. The best thing I tatsed so far.
On every trip I take to the mall, i save about $10 to pay my favorite meal. And if i'am with a frined I always try to get them to taste it. Recently I was at the mall with a couple friends and one said he has never tasted it before. He was a vegetarian and never tatsed the greaness. So the bestfriend I am , I made him try it. He liked it. And it was a very good situation.

Aliyah Hall said...

On March 30, 1995 I (Aliyah) was born. I was born in Kennedy hospital and i was the first child. But now i have two little sisters that are 13 and 5. Im a good role model and influence them to do the right things. being a good person is my thing. My parents raised me right, thats what made me who i am today. where im from and grew up at takes part in how i am. I Aliyah is the BEST!

les paul- Batista said...

1.What I found.

“Hi everyone my lovely name is Stephanie and my birthday is feb.6 1995 im from pennsauken.”

How I fixed it.

“Hi everyone my lovely name is Stephanie and my birthday is feb.6 1995. im from pennsauken.”

2.what I found.

I love texting,walking,laughing,talking and taking pictures two.

How I fixed it

I love texting, walking, laughing, talking and taking pictures to0.

3. what I found.

A lot of things i have been through in my life has made me who i am today but the one that stands out the most is the day i found out about my son!

How I fixed it.

The things I have been through in my life have made me who I am today. The one that stands out the most is the day that I found out about my son.

4.what I found.

I remerber it like it was yesterday. The day i found out that i was going to have a child my whole world came crashing down on me.

How I fixed it.

I remember it like it was yesterday, the day I found ut that I was going to have a child. My whole world came crashing down on me.

5. what I found

i was at a lost an the only thing i could do was get on my knees pray and cry.

How I fixed it.

I was lost, the only thing that I could do was get on my knees to cry and pray.

Al-Derae Boyd said...

What I found
I use ton practice so hard I made sure I was always the one that was sweating the hardest, that way i knew I knew i was going 100%.
How I fixed it
I used to practice so hard, so I knew I was going 100%. What I found

What I found
When i seen my uncle break his arm and foot, healed up the next year then he was back off to playing sports that’s what’s encouraged me to actually go out and attempt to play organized ball.

How I fixed it
When I seen my uncle break his arm and foot, then he was back to playing sports. That’s what encouraged me to go out and attempt to play organized ball.

What I found
Growing up I always knew I had some sort of talent locked inside of me I just needed to search for it.

How I fixed it
Growing up I always knew I had some sort of talent locked inside of me.

What I found
Now look at me im a swarthmore sometimes starting all varsity I guess hard work can unlock hidden talents that you didnt know you had.
How I fixed it
Now look at me now, I’m a sophomore sometimes starting all varsity. I guess hard work can unlock a hidden talent that I didn’t have.

What I found
Im going somewhere with my life so I hope I always got the advantage of hard work on my side
How I fixed it
I’m going somewhere with my life. So I hope I always got the advantage of hard work on my side

Chris C said...

Life can be so confusing especially mine. I’ve gone through so many changes I can’t even tell which way is up. But some changes have been good, some have been bad. But I’ve learn to agree with them. One of the main changes that have impacted my life is my music choice. When I was a little kid I used to listen to a lot of rap and hip hop. But as my life gone on further, it changed forever. When I was 7 years old I and my brother were playing the game grand thief auto and my brother wanted to play some music. He went through the stack of cd’s his friends have given' him and he randomly picked "Slipknot LIVE IN TEXAS" disc 1 and 2.
He popped in the first disc and you could hear the crowd roar begging for the band to come on. And the first cord was struck the crowd when from pleading audience to metal-crazed army. The lead singer yelled at the top of his lungs “TEXAS ARE YOU F......G READY!!!! THIS SONG IS CALLED DISASTERPEICE!!!!!" The first high pitch cords hit my ears like a train. It completely changed my views on music forever. The sheer force of this song made my heart race. Sweat started to form on my forehead.
I didn’t believe so much hatred and anger could have been squashed into one song. I wanted to listen to it more. So while my brother was sleeping I grabbed the cd and popped it into my cd player and I listen to the whole thing. My mind couldn’t grasp how someone could have so much hatred against the whole world. Ever since that moment in time I breathe, eat, and sweat heavy metal. My whole family still asks me how can listen to the music and I tell them “you’ll never know”