Towards the end of last week, we were looking more in depth into the foundations of public speaking. We discovered and studied the new concepts of the words:
- Ethos – the self, establish credibility, establish strong character, community, trust
- Pathos – evokes emotions: happiness, fear, sadness, anger, “coolness,” etc.
- Logos - based on logic and reasoning, statistics, things that “make sense”
- The Title/Description of Something with Ethos, Pathos, and/or Logos
- The Medium in which this was displayed (TV Commercial, Speech, Billboard, etc.)
- An Explanation of how Ethos, Pathos, and Logos were present
- An Explanation of how Ethos, Pathos, and Logos impacted this thing
Rubric
Proficient – analysis is a minimum of 10 sentences, provides an in-depth look into the significance of ethos, pathos, and logos, provides clear and logical examples, is well-written
Non-Proficient – less than 10 sentences, does not provide in-depth look into significance, examples are unclear or illogical
7 comments:
these rhetorical appelas affect everyone adn we dont even know it. they are teh most simplest things youd ever think of. ethos always makes me feel better about situations. for example if im sad over need someone to talk to my friends tell me there experiances and that they know how i feel. it makes me feel a lot better. logos is another thing that is very simple. facts are a big part of it. things that people tell you or things that you read. its all around you. pathos on the other hand is something that happens to use every second. for instance "oh im bored!" thats an example of pathos and i heard it all the time every second. so these things we've lived with all our lives abut never had a word for it. until now.
How ethos has been shown in my life is that me and my friends try to push each other to through their fears or things that they wouldnt normally do. So they always say "you can do. trust me. ive been the same position your were in."
How pathos has been seen in my life is by many ways. One example is that i was watching tv and one commercial came on and it was about abused animals. and that they were abuse so much that some were missing ears, or and eye or what ever. and that made me really sad.
how logos has been seen in my life is that ive always seen to keep in rythim with certian thing like drumgs and guitar and even vocals. so logically if i wanted to i could try and get into a band and work on some of those things
Well we use this everyday and it would be kinda bad if you didnt understand it. You may of heard the expression "Trust me, I been in your shoes before!". Thats like an everyday thing and I hear it alot. It comes from the communtity yourself it mtters because they are all called certain things and they are called ethos, pathos, and logos. For example pathos could be. "Im very upset with your behavior". Your telling it to the person. The point is these are used everyday and sometimes we dont even notice that we are using ethos, pathos, or logos like you never know!
Etho of school- Not a day geos by that I dont here the words " I'v been their." No matter what the situation is in school or out of school. most high school students can relate to drama........ when you go home and talk to your parents they usually replie with " I'v been their, and all you got to remember is it's just high school and you only have _ years left." Nomatter what I listen to the addvice that my parents give me because I know they're right.
Ethos happen in my life when my friends tells me to not be sad because me and my boyfriends brake up “they said because they been thru it and it’s not worth crying over a guy like that because there other guys other. Pathos happen effect me when I said something really mean to a person and I at the same time I don’t mean it like that and they get mad at me so sometimes I need watch out in what I said before saying something really ignorant. Logos affect my life when you said something that is really truth and there’s no doubt that its faults. So this effect me when I said that I am sixteen years old and people think I am lying. A commercial that say’s if you buy this you get something free and that’s true cause if you call in a few minutes they ill ask you for personal information and then you get your free supplies.
This Friday i wanted to go to the movies and my mother wouldnt let me so i kept saying please and at that i wanted my eye brows done she said no i dont have no money. On Friday night my father came i told him can he give me money and he did cause my father dont say no to me. On tv there was a movie playing and the way they was telling how the movie is it scared me.
Over the weekend I saw commerials that used Ethos, Pathos, and Logos.
Ethos is the the commercial that wants you to use there insurance.
Ethos - You can trust me, do your project so you won't fail, it's a major grade.
Pathos - There is a commercial by the ASPCA that uses pathos perfectly. Everytime I see this commericial I cry and cry and cry, almost as much when I don't have Mr. Stag's class for three days. The reason the commericial is sad is because there is a dog in a cage with no home. The goal of the ASPCA is to make viewers so sad that they donate to the company. This is how they used pathos.
Logos - the commercial that wants you to use their wash mouth to make your teeth shine and your breath to smell better.
Post a Comment