This week we have continued our work with William Shakespeare's Hamlet. During this week, we have looked specifically at the overall plot, themes, and twists and turns of the play. As many of you have noticed - and mentioned to me - the play revolves around the the troubles of one, very dysfunctional family. This week, your task is going to be to identify "Hamlet's" influence on modern media.
YOUR TASK:
Your task is to find some piece of modern media. It can be a TV show, a movie, a song, a poem, or even a commercial, that has something to do with dysfunctional families. Once you have found the piece, you are to explain how Shakespeare's "Hamlet" may have influenced it creation.
You post should include:
- A. The title of the TV show/song/poem/commercial that was influenced by "Hamlet"
- B. The MODE of the media that you have found. (i.e: Movie, TV show, song, etc)
- C. A brief explanation or summary of this particular piece of media.
- D. An extended analysis of how the plot of "Hamlet" - specifically, the family troubles - influenced this piece. Be sure to include specific examples from "Hamlet" that directly relate or have direct influence on this piece of media. Elaborate! Explain how this scene have been different if Shakespeare never wrote "Hamlet."
Exemplary - 10 + sentence explanation and analysis of Shakespeare’s Influence on your piece, 5 + specific examples of direct influences, explanation of how the piece would have been different without “Hamlet”
Proficient - 7+ sentence explanation and analysis of Shakespeare’s Influence on your piece, 3 + specific examples of direct influences,
Non-Proficient - less than 7 sentence explanation and analysis of Shakespeare’s Influence on your piece, less than 3 specific examples of direct influences

13 comments:
family guy
familly guy is a modren day dysfunctional family although its very funny there and thing like family favtoires everybody haTES meg...and stewie trying to kill lois..peter doing mean thing to kids and all typr of things that doesnt really happening in everyday life
autobiography-nikki minaj
"Daddy was a crack fiend 2 in the morning had us running down the street like a track team"
" When he burnt the house down n my mother was in it. How could I forget it the, pain infinite"
"Please baby forgive me, mommy was young, mommy was to busy tryna have fun now I pat myself on the back for sending you back cause god knows I was better than that to conceive then leave you the concept alone seems evil I'm trapped in my conscience.I adhere to the nonsense listened to people who told me I wasn't ready for you"
I THINK THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF A DISFUNCTIONAL FAMILY. SHE TALKS ABOUT HOW HER DAD WAS A CRACK HEAD AND HOW SOMEONE BURNED THE HOUSE DOWN WITH HER MOTHER INSIDE. THEN SHE TALKS ABOUT HOW SHE GAVE HER CHILD UP. HAMLET INSPIRES THIS I GUESS BECAUSE EVERYONE WAS KILLING EACH OTHER. AND IN NIKKI MINAJ'S STORY SOMEONE KILLED HER MOM
"Two and a Half Men" is a dysfunctional family show. This show may have been influenced by the play "Hamlet" written by Shakespeare. This show is about two brothers and a young boy living together. The younger brother Allen has a son around the age of 10 named Jake. They are now living with the older brother because Allen is going through with a divorce and has no place to stay. This family cannot be in the same room together without bickering and snickering at eachothers flaws. Its a comedy type of show; very very funny. Without influences from "hamlet" the family would still be hilariously dysfunctional.
A. Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air
B. T.V show
C. Will Smith moves in with his aunt and uncle because he go in to much trouble were he lives before. So he has to go to a different school and has to meet new friends.
D.
A. House of Payne
B. Tv Show
C. This is a t.v. show african american problems within a family. They have a good time within the show, but there's always a problem. For example; Janene gets strung out, CJ has a choice between taking her back and marrying her again, and Curtis chooses between taking them in after Janene burned down her house. He takes them in anyway and helps them get through.
D. Curtis wants to get rid of, his nephew, CJ and his family for selfish reasons. He deals with it because of the love of his wife. Curtis in fact wants to put them to "death" not really , but he would want to. They eventuallly move out and start a life of their own.
A.The piece for Hamlet to Song. I am choosing Pink:Family Portrait.
B.It is a song catagorized in pop rock music.
C.In the song the piece describes how the family breaks apart by the mom and dad yelling. the daughter would change anything to get them to stop fighting. To stay together. The father walks out. The mother struggles to make peace with the daughter who tries to find a more happy family. Pink playing the mother is left all alone and the daughter goes to a new happy family. By seeing the video click the link www.youtube.com/pink.looking up "family portrait song". It shows how the daughter thought the family would be happy but love doesn't always last forever.
D.Hamlet version of influencing it would be the various emotions and actions the families encounter. Pink encounters "the motherly scene" by waiting her family walk out on her bit by bit. Hamlet discovers his father is dead. By that they're both discovering the emptiness that occured. in both charcters they are left with nothing and devestation. Nothing they can fix. The damage was done and all was lost.death or no death. they lost what was meaningful to them.H amlet and father along with his friends and family. Pink playing motherly scene lost husband,daughter,and the life of a true family.
Son of Anarchy it a gang of bikers tht go around doing a bunch of law breaking. but there always fighting and have problems with each other. in hamlet it a family tht goes agenst everybody just like a gang tht doesnt care.
EMINEM - CLEANING OUT MY CLOSET
I was a baby, maybe I was just a couple of months
My f***** father must have had his panties up in a bunch
'Coz he split, I wonder if he even kissed me goodbye......
What I did was stupid, no doubt it was dumb
But the smartest s*** I did was take the bullets outta that gun
'Cuz I'da killed him, s*** I woulda shot Kim and them both It's my life, I'd like to welcome y'all to 'The Eminem Show'.....But put yourself in my position, just try to envision
Witnessin' your momma poppin' prescription pills in the kitchen
This song is very depressing. It shows the mental struggles he went threw. The stupid things his mom did in front of him, shows the disfuctional relationship in the house.
Hamlet also had a very Disfuctional relatiuonship. His mom Had a hand in killing his father along side his uncle. His uncle becomes his step-dad. This kind of situation being shown in modern day society, makes it seem like its not as bad to be disfuctional. Maybe if shakespeare never wrote hamlet, eminem's childhood could have been normal. If his childhood was normal he may have never came to the head of rap.
A.Family Guy
B.T.V Show
C.Family guy is a tv show that has a mom,dad,2son,a daughter,and a dog that talk. They are the most dysfunctional family. they have a son that about 1 years old and is all tryin to kill his mom. the daughter dont noone in the family care about her she always just tryin to gave up on life. They have a dog that talk, smoke, drink etc. And the dog is always watch the son.The dad is a drunk. the mom just act like nothing happen.And the son is slow.Togther they is the crazy dysfunctional family ever.
D.They relate to Helmet by that the moms in both of them a hold lot be going on and just sit there like nothing going on.Then hemlet and the daugther both go crazy because noone care about them so they "to be aor not to be" is the question they want to know.the dad die but the dad went revenge for evey thing that happen.the ungle and the baby son both tryin to kill someone the ungle kill the dad.the baby son try to kill the mom all the time.they the same becuase family suppost to love eighter and they just tryin to kill hate and revenge...
Title: Simpsons
Mode: Cartoon
Summary: The simpsons are a very very different type of family. This family is like any other family except for the fact that their more obnoxious then others. And they are not scared to curse or show violence on this show. Even doe they curse and do all this crazy stuff to each other Americans can relate to their problems. And if u watch the show you can tell that Hamlet inspired the cartoon.
Even doe in Hamlet every body dies and people wanting revenge, the simpsons shows how you can mix violence and comedy together into a good show. And thats what this show does. Its shows how you can put everyday life into comedy using violence as a way to show people that you shouldnt be so serious all the time.
And if Shakespeare hadnt of make up Hamlet then i dont think that the Simpsons would be here. Because people wouldnt know how to except violence on tv or at all as comedy. So this is why Shakespeare is important in todays world.
A.T.O.K- Footprints
B.A song.
One set a footprints ina di sand
And you a grumble and a so
You tink it shoulda be two
Memba one ting mi yute
A fadda God a wi plan
So when you see one set a footprints a God a carry you
[Flexx]
Hurry up and come back was the last thing she said to her son
The day his life was taken
She didn't know he wouldn't come back
He died from the bullet of a gun
And now her little boy is gone
[Alex]
She said, help me
Lord help me
And she looked up to the sky
And she heard a voice reply-y-y
[Tok]
When you cry, I cry, I cry along with you
When you smile, I smile, I smile along with you
When you cry, I cry, I cry along with you
When you smile, I smile, I smile along with you
[Flexx]
Another baby left homeless
Abondoned when he was two
So the streets that cares and the shopping mall was the family he knew
It's not easy being homeless
Sometimes you have do what you have to do
And he didnt have a mom or dad to help him get through
[Alex]
He said, help me
Father help me
And he looked up to the sky
And he heard a voice reply-y-y
[Tok - chorus]
When you cry, I cry, I cry along with you
When you smile, I smile, I smile along with you
When you cry, I cry, I cry along with you
When you smile, I smile, I smile along with you
[Bay C]
Based on a true story
uh-huh
keep your head up
It was early Sunday morning me get up a watch di news
Den mi hear seh a last night a seaview dem kill a yute
Den mama tell me seh har church sista Jackie-lynn
Just lose her bredda over seaview gardens
When she tell me jah jah know it mash mi up nah tell nuh lie
But you know seh man a tuggy so yuh nah guh see me cry
Everyday day and everynight she still a ask the fadda why
Her brother had to die
She hear a voice reply
[Tok - chorus x2]
When you cry, I cry, I cry along with you
When you smile, I smile, I smile along with you
When you cry, I cry, I cry along with you
When you smile, I smile, I smile along with you
[Craigy T]
The lord replied when you see only one set of footprints
that I carried you
C.The way it is influenced by hamlet is because in the song a little boy is mean't to go to the store like any original day and he gets shot on this day. Then in another verse it tells about a child that was abandonded when he was two. So the family at the shopping mall was the only people he knew.
It was really crazy cause in hamlet they were disfunctional and in here they were very disfunctional.
D.The family problems is just like that in the song below. In the song mothers are giving up there children and abandoning them. Also there are little kids getting shot in the streets while walking to the store. Thats really crazy how many things can happen to people of a difunctional family.
A. The Simpsons
B. T.V. show/Movie
C. The Simpsons are a dysfunctional family that will do harmful things to each other and laugh about. And they will turn on each other in a second without hesitation.
D. The brother of the King in the play Hamlet poisons and kills him. Just so he can become King. Then Hamlet goes crazy and his mom ends up dead and he ends up dead. They are kind of like the Simpsons not in that any of the Simpsons kill each other but they have no problem turning on each other and they do crazy things. Like in the Simpsons movie the dad dares his son to skateboard naked. Then Homer in a sense turns on his daughter and family when he pollutes the lake that his daughter wanted to try and save. Which caused the family to get angry at their father and want to kill him, except they didnt do that unlike Hamlets family. If shakespeare never wrote Hamlet then no one might of come up with the idea of having a dysfunctional family as a t.v. show. You might not have the father do a crazy thing like tell his son to skateboard naked. Just like when hamlet wanted to do a crazy play to reenact his fathers death. The whole Simpsons series is based on being dysfuntional. So without Hamlet we might not have the Simpsons.
a song by emeniem discribes a disfunctional family between hi,m and his mother.........
"Now, I would never diss my own momma just to get recognition
Take a second to listen for who you think this record is dissin'
But put yourself in my position, just try to envision
Witnessin' your momma poppin' prescription pills in the kitchen"...............
I'm sorry momma
I never meant to hurt you
I never meant to make you cry, but tonight
I'm cleanin' out my closet, one more time....
He explains ho wthe relationship with his mo and him is very bad
Post a Comment